Tuesday, September 26, 2017

The Chestertown Blues

Joshua 1:9
"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go."


It's amazing to me how I am constantly getting a word or a verse, just when I need it. Not surprising amazing; awe inspiring amazing. In the Bible, I find words, verses, and stories and phrases that touch my heart and feed my soul. These are the words of God, so of course they are given to us for just that purpose. (Although, I have to admit that sometimes these same words confuse the heck out of me??!? Is there a Bible for Dummies,yet?). Thank you, Lord, for your word. It brings light into my darkness, it speaks love and comfort to my heart. Amen!

So...I've been away for a while. Have you noticed??
 There have been so many times when I wanted to sit at my computer and write, but I have been soooooo busy. Here's the rundown.

-I started watching a cute baby boy in March (so stinkin' cute: never slept!)
- one word- SKINCARE!
- another word (or two) We MOVED!!
-kids started new schools in a new county
-Football (Mr. Football made varsity this year!)
-building a new home (longgggg story!!! definitely for another day)
-stress, depressed, anxious (all these feelings take a LOT of time!)

I have definitely got a case of the Chestertown Blues. Why Chestertown? That's the name of our new town (temporarily). Why blue? Two reasons: One, I've been missing my family, friends, moving in general...SUCKS!!! Two: my favorite color is blue and I have seen so much beauty here, it gives me comfort. And of course, that beauty has been coming to me in lovely shades of blue. Enjoy!


The houses here are painted in such beautiful colors!
Oh, you know, just a view of the river at the end of my street!!!
My world is blue. This girl, is my world!

I had to get one in of my cute blue outfit.
(I'll fill you in on the details of this dress in another post!)

The beauty of this waterfront town overwhelms me. I drive across the Chester River every morning at sunrise to get the children to their bus stops. And, around every corner is another charming house or adorable little local shop. Blue definitely suits me!!!

I'm so excited to be back! I can't wait to fill you in on all that has been, and is going on in my life!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment