Wednesday, March 29, 2017

March Madness!

Ephesians 4: 31-32
" Get rid of all bitterness, rage and anger, brawling and slander, along with every form of malice. Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as Christ God forgave you. "


I don't generally think of myself as an angry person. But around 6:30 in the evening, after getting up at 5 in the morning and working hard all day long, when I have a 4 year old whining, my 15 year old stinking up my house fresh out of lacrosse practice and refusing to walk the dog, my 13 year old sleeping in her room, my 10 year old sassing me, AND my husband walking in the door and complaining about the condition of our house: I turn into Godzilla!!! Flames shooting out of my mouth, sounds emitting from me that bring terror to the hearts my family and perhaps even to a few unfortunate neighbors that might happen to be walking by. You get the picture, right?

Yup, that's me!!
I don't want to be Godzilla. I know how I should be behaving, I know that I am sinning. I know that it is not pretty, not acceptable, not right, not good, not proper, and most importantly NOT from God. And, the saddest part, I see my children emulating this behavior. Shame on me. Forgive me, Lord. Forgive me, Family. Lord, help me to put all of this anger aside. While some might even say, that I am justified, that they behave the same way sometimes, that doesn't make it right. It's still wrong. And while I still start my day with hope and joy and gladness in my quiet time, I need to remember to continuously ask God to help me guard my mouth, my thoughts, and my actions throughout the day. Can you imagine the example I am setting for my beautiful family, my neighbors, anyone within earshot??

Fortunately, verse 32 reminds me that I am forgiven. Even when I continue to stumble, when I seek forgiveness, I will find it. God is so good!! Help me, Lord, to be good, too!


I pray you have a wonderful Wednesday!!



No comments:

Post a Comment