Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Horsing Around

Proverbs 21: 31
" The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but victory rests with the Lord. "


I may not be running for the roses, but the battle is already won. Victory is found in those that trust in the Lord!! Yay, God!!!

I do not live in Kentucky, nor do I plan to attend this Saturday's 142nd running of the Kentucky Derby (this year). I do, however, love a good theme and I love to dress up. So, while I may not be sipping Mint Juleps at Churchill Downs, I'll have a family friendly evening with hats and dresses, a little off track family bet and some good southern food!

Last week, I showed you an outfit that I "copied" from my latest Talbots catalog (see Catalog Copycat). Today, I copied another. Here's what I found I already had in my closet. I added my cute straw hat, and I'm Derby Day ready.


I purchased this dress years ago for my daughter's ( #2) high school graduation at Ross.
Again, classics never go out of style!

Here's the catalog version...

Talbots- Savor Summer- May 2016 catalog- page 9

Don't you just love the blue and white? I certainly do. While I would love to freshen up my entire wardrobe with all new things, it's just not prudent (Why am I thinking Dana Carvey's George HW. Bush impression here?). Shopping my closet first, is a much better option. 

***Don't forget to leave a comment, any day this week could be # 10,000 ***
I pray you have a terrific day!



No comments:

Post a Comment