Friday, May 11, 2018

3000 Steps

Psalm 37: 23-24
" The Lord makes firm the steps of the one who delights in him; though he may stumble he will not fall, for the Lord upholds him with his hand. "


I have a FitBit. I got it as a Mother's Day gift last year from my daughter (her father helped, too!). I have been noticing lately, that usually by 7:30 in the morning I have walked about 3000 steps, that's about 1-1/2 miles of walking. I am not taking a morning run in this time, I do however walk my dogs up and down the block, so that does account for some of the steps. Running up and down the steps to get my teenage son out of bed in the morning does account for a good bit of the steps, too, LOL!

Where are my steps taking me? Am I choosing the right path? Should I walk away? Should I run? Can I walk back? Steps.

When we walk on sand, like at the beach, our steps are harder to take. When we walk on a path in the woods and it's uneven terrain, we can sometimes stumble.When we walk on solid firm ground walking is so much easier. I sometimes have nightmares where I am either running away from something or running to catch up to something ,and I don't have the strength to run anymore and so I crawl and pull my way. Steps.

This year has brought so many changes, some of them easy, and some of them hard. I have walked steps I didn't know I would walk. There are paths that I have not yet taken, paths I thought I knew the direction I was taking, only to get miserably lost. Some of the wrong paths have taken me to beautiful places that I didn't expect to find. I find, that wherever my steps lead me, even when I go off on my own, I have the assurance that my God is always near me. Like a child lost in the woods, I cry out and my Father will find me, setting me back on the path that is firm.

Thank you, Lord, that though, I may stumble along in my life, your hand is always there to uphold me.

Mother's Day this year...well, I haven't given it a lot of thought, it seems to have come up really fast. My biggest desire, right now, is for my house to be done. That will certainly NOT happen by Sunday! So here are a few other suggestions for anyone who might be reading this...for YOUR mom, of course!

Image may contain: 2 people, including Michelle Genovese, people smiling, people standing, child and outdoor
Me and my baby girl!!
These great dresses by Southwind Apparel are an adorable mother-daughter combo!
For FREE shipping on these dresses and so many other great dresses, skorts, pants, etc...
use this code: MICHELLESHIP
at  Southwind Apparel and Spunkwear


The Light Within Me (B&N Exclusive Signed Book)
I love Ainsley Earhardt, and I can't wait to read this book about her journey of faith.
Get your copy here: Barnes & Noble
Image of Fossil Women's Rounded Browbar Sunglasses
Or, maybe a pair of sunglasses!
Like these from Nordstrom Rack

 I pray you have a blessed Mother's Day weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment