Tuesday, April 5, 2016

10,000

Matthew 18: 24
" As he began the settlement, a man who owed him 10,000 bags of gold was brought to him. "


Read this parable in Matthew 18. In this chapter, Jesus shares several parables. This parable is about forgiveness and mercy. I am amazed by some of the circumstances people extend forgiveness and mercy towards others. Just watch the news, and even through the day's lists of dirty laundry, you will inevitably hear a story of graciousness and mercy. I wish we weren't so amazed. I think it's hard for us to understand, because if we put ourselves in place of the person forgiving, we aren't sure if we would be able to extend such a gift in the face of our loss or grief. I pray we never have to make such a grand gesture towards another, that our circumstances would be less formidable. We do, daily, make that decision in much smaller ways. Someone cuts you off on the highway, your husband is away on a business trip for a week and doesn't bring you a gift or take you out to lunch..., you didn't get that bonus, your friend said something that hurt you: the list is inexhaustible. Remember, though, the gift of forgiveness we have already been given, by our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. His sacrifice for us, undeserved and unearned. Thank you, Lord, for your mercy and your forgiveness. Help me, Lord, to be more like you. Amen.

10,000 is on my mind today. Thank you to everyone who has been reading this blog for the last year and a quarter. Apparently almost 10,000 times, someone has taken the time to read my blog! Of course most of those views were probably my mother (5,000 or 6,00 at least!).  I am humbled that anyone would take the time to see what I am up to and what current calamity or blessing I'm in the midst of. I pray you've tried a recipe I've shared, tried something I've tried, you've updated your wardrobe, you've shopped somewhere I've shopped, or gone somewhere I've gone. More importantly, that you've opened your Bible and didn't even take my word for it, but you read a verse or story and were led by the spirit to believe and to want to know more. Thank you 10,000 times over. I am truly blessed.

On the day that I reach 10,000 views, I will be giving away something to a random person that leaves a comment on the blog. For each comment left, your name will be entered into a drawing. Try to comment daily, because I won't know exactly which day this will occur. Thanks again, you are truly appreciated.

What should I give away?? Here's what I'm thinking so far.

Jamberrys wraps?
Trunk Show- Jamberry
These sunglasses from Nordstrom?

BP. 47mm Round Mirrored Sunglasses
BP. 47mm Round Mirrored Sunglasses- Nordstrom

This coffee mug?
Gold Blogging Day Mug
Gold Blogging Day Mug- Francesca's 

Or, maybe this striped T-shirt?
Women's Ultimate Striped Crew Tee - Meronaâ„¢
Women's Ultimate Striped Crew Tee- Merona- Target
You can never have too many nautical striped dresses or t-shirts in your wardrobe. Really.

Let me know what you think. Remember start commenting below today and everyday. On the day that I reach 10,000 views, I'll randomly select 1 comment. The person that left that comment will win one of these fabulous prizes! Good luck!!

I pray your Tuesday is terrific, 10,00 times over!





No comments:

Post a Comment