Thursday, June 11, 2015

Well, it's Thursday

2 Peter 3: 8
" But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day. "


 I get it, Lord, completely! Where do my days go? You blink and your baby's going to be 25. You're having a rough day and it never seems to end.  I get it.  But I also understand that God has His own timing. It's not mine (darn it!).  A lesson for me in patience? A lesson in perseverance?  What, Lord, are you showing me today? Lord, give me the wisdom to know. Lead me in Your ways. Thank You for my day.

Yesterday, was story time at our local library.  Our library happens to be right next to a great local park.  So, I took the children about an hour early and we walked around the park, threw pennies in the fountain, and played on the "new to them" playground.  You would think they had never been to a playground before, when in fact, there is one literally right across the street from our court.  I'm so glad we went in the morning, the weather was perfect, it got rather warm in the afternoon. I think next week we'll do the same thing but bring a picnic lunch (or snack) and go right back to the park after story time. It was fun and it was free. I encourage you to look for these treasures in your local community.

My baby and her best bud at the fountain.


One of the fun "new" things to play on in the playground.


Enjoy the day that God gives you, and remember, you get to do it all over again tomorrow!



No comments:

Post a Comment