Thursday, February 19, 2015

Cold paws, warm heart

Revelation 3: 16
" So , because you are lukewarm, and neither hot nor cold, I will spit you out of my mouth. "


I don't ever want to be accused of this...being lukewarm for Christ.  There were definitely times in my walk where this was probably true; unfortunately.  I want my faith to be on fire!  And while certainly some days are hotter than others, I want my faith to be uncomfortably warm to those around me.  So if you see me around town...watch out, you just might get burned!!

This morning was so cold that my 13 year old didn't wear shorts to school and the dog didn't even want to put her paws down in the snow! That's cold, my friends. And, it's supposed to get colder! What?!  I'm moving south, and not just for the winter. I am longing for the "dog days" of summer. I thought if I dressed more  spring-like today that I'd feel more hopeful, but it's too cold.  I'm in my flannel shirt layered over a long-sleeved black t-shirt, jeans, warm fuzzy socks and boots. I'll be springy another day when it isn't so cold.


Sofia "the First"-  cold paws, warm heart

I made myself a "mocha cocoa" this morning. Nothing warms the heart like chocolate and coffee all in the same mug.
Just put a packet of hot cocoa mix in your coffee mug, and add coffee.
 I added my favorite flavored creamer too, for extra goodness!

No comments:

Post a Comment